Join us on an unforgettable tasty journey through the scenic footpaths perched at the Caldera’s cliffs from Firostefani to Fira. Book online today!
Santorini Morning Hikes & Bites Private Tour
- Stroll along the most scenic trail in Santorini, passing through the cliff-hanging whitewashed villages of Imerovigli, Firostefani and Fira.
- Snap some of your best photos ever with the dramatic Caldera’s cliffs and Santorini’s volcano in the background.
- Sip a fresh-brewed Greek coffee in a traditional kafeneion and learn all about Greek coffee culture.
- Sample tasty seasonal Greek mezedes (tapas) and quench your thirst with a cold local beer produced in an exclusive way.
- Visit one of Santorini’s oldest pastry shops and taste a delicious organic ice cream.
- Hear stories about once-thriving civilizations, the Lost Atlantis, different conquerors, and fortified ghost towns.
- Explore away from tourist hordes by visiting a well-balanced mix of popular spots and can’t-miss hidden gems with us.
- Private Group Price per person- min 2 people
Meeting point: We will meet you outside of the “Church of Panagia Malteza in Imerovigli Village” · Imerovigli.
We will be standing on the square in front of the church, holding a Santorini Local Adventures sign.
Church of Panagia Malteza, Ημεροβίγλι 847 00. See the Map
Traveler pickup is offered at an additional price – 50EUR or pick up and drop off at 100EUR. Pick up time adjustable upon your request. We will meet you at your hotel lobby or the port. Our guide will be holding a sign with your name. Please call or email us.
The Most Scenic Trail in Santorini
Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime morning in Santorini by experiencing a walk along the island’s most scenic trail!
On this laid-back walking tour, experience a unique morning to remember by winding your way through the most scenic trail in Santorini. Wander through some of the most charming Caldera-perched whitewashed villages, sample local foods and drinks as locals love to do in the morning, and create some of your most striking Instagram stories ever! Good morning, Santorini!
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- You support local farmers and help preserve Satorini’s culinary traditions by sampling food locally sourced from Santorini and nearby islands.
- You visit 100% locally owned and run stores.
- At least one store on your itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally produced crafts and edibles.
You’ll start your morning Santorini walking tour by meeting us in Imerovigli, one of the three suspended villages you’ll explore today with us.
As drinking coffee is a daily ritual in Greece, you’ll firstly stop at a kafeneion, a traditional wooden-table cafe, for a freshly brewed traditional coffee accompanied with a homemade local sweet made from fresh fruits straight from a family orchard. Learn all about Greece’s coffee culture, mingle with locals, and admire stunning views over the Aegean Sea.
Continue your stroll along the footpaths of Imerovigli, the highest of the caldera villages, and hear stories about Santorini’s once-thriving civilizations, fortified ghost towns, the myth of the Lost City of Atlantis, and the numerous conquerors through the ages.
Then, you’ll enter the picture-pretty Firostefani village that sits atop the breathtaking Santorini’s eyebrow-shaped caldera cliffs. While winding your way through Firostefani’s charming alleys with the whitewashed houses, the blue-domed churches, and the bougainvilleas, you’ll grab a delicious organic ice cream on the go.
Following our directions, you’ll discover the marvel of Santorini’s architecture, the Blue Dome of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church. Definitely, this spot is the most photographed postcard place on the island. Capture some of your best photos here, with the church and the Caldera in the background, and blow up your Instagram account!
It’s almost noon, so why not relax your muscles in a local-favorite place where you sample local flavors? Savor organic seasonal tapas and quench your thirst with a freshly brewed local beer that follows an original procedure using volcanic stones for filtration and local Aegean raw ingredients, while admiring endless views over the island’s active volcano. ‘Yamas!’
You’ll then finish up our Santorini walking tour by exploring the appealing Fira, Santorini’s main town, where you’ll pass by workshops and showrooms of local artists and artisans and visit a deli with flavors and products from every corner of Greece
From our last stop, you’ll have the option to head off on your own (we will be more than happy to advise you on your next move) or continue with us on our unique Santorini wine tour for some premium local wine, epic views, and unique cultural experiences!
Before we part ways, don’t forget to ask us for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to amazing Santorini.
One Greek coffee and a local sweet, local tapas, one local beer, one scoop of ice cream
Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In general, there are few dress restrictions in Europe and dress codes are similar to those you are used to at home. Please note though that in many churches modest dress is required; no shorts or skimpy tops are permitted.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- All our team members are fully vaccinated.