Join us on an unforgettable tasty journey through the scenic footpaths perched at the Caldera’s cliffs from Firostefani to Fira. Book online today!
Santorini Off the Beaten Path Private Tour
- Experience Santorini off the beaten path by exploring amazing fortified medieval villages and unspoilt beaches with lunar beauty.
- Sip coffee with a ‘spoon’ sweet in a cute traditional kafenion and get a glimpse of the locals’ everyday life at a fortified citadel.
- Reveal your Lara Croft and Indiana Jones instincts while discovering the tunnels where locals hid from pirates.
- Taste authentic Santorini through a private four-glass wine tasting session in an old-school winery.
- Explore the black and white beach.
- Walk through one of the most traditional villages in Santorini, Emporio.
- Visit Fira, Oia, Emboreio, Vlyhada, and Megalohori.
- Private Group Price per person- min 2 people
Departure Point, Traveler pickup is offered. We will pick you up form your Hotel or Cruise Ship.
Uncover Santorini’s Best-Kept Secrets
Santorini may have phantasmagoric, world-renowned spots, but many of its gems are best-kept secrets for those who really want to uncover and experience authentic Santorini. Hit the road with us and discover the purest side and finest beauty of Santorini away from tourist hordes.
Explore off-the-beaten-track villages with postcard-pretty whitewashed back alleys, discover the lunar-like landscape of a unique beach, and taste mouth-watering seasonal tapas and local wines. Here is the secret side of Santorini — enjoy it!
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- By visiting off-the-beaten-path places, you are helping over-tourism get reduced, especially in Santorini’s main towns. Instead, during this tour, collaboration with smaller local communities that follow a more traditional way of life is supported.
- This tour encourages conservation around cultural heritage as you visit an unknown underground church of great cultural importance in a tiny village, as well, the elderly keyholder who preserves the church is supported.
- Young artists and local shop owners are promoted, helping them to preserve local art, increase their income during Greece’s economic problems, and promote the creativity of new generations.
- During your visit to a historic factory turned into a museum, you support a local foundation responsible for preserving Santorini’s unique culture.
You’ll start our Santorini tour from Fira, the capital and bustling center of the island. Bypassing the tourist traps, you’ll discover Fira’s artistic hinterland. Walk through the town’s whitewashed back streets and meet local artists such as painters, sculptors, and artisans in their workplaces and showrooms.
Next, you’ll visit the mesmerizing village of Oia, Santorini’s highlight, where you’ll explore the cliffside laneways as well as the the back alleys of an old pastel-colored neighborhood with its ship owners’ and merchants’ houses, a neighborhood that you might never find without a local by your side!
Before leaving Oia, we’ll discover the smallest bookstore in the world. Housed in a stunning whitish traditional building, it’s easy to fall in love with this place even if you aren’t the biggest book lover in the world. In any case, it’s not a coincidence that The New York Times and The Guardian, just to name a few, have given the bookstore write-ups and National Geographic has mentioned it as the best bookstore in the world.
Afterwards, you’ll uncover the preserved castle village of Emporio, one of the island’s least visited places, where the buildings are still inhabited. Explore this away-from-crowds settlement by winding your way through its narrow pathways with medieval charm. Before leaving the village, you’ll stop for a coffee and a traditional ‘spoon’ sweet in one of Santorini’s most traditional corners.
Continuing your tour, it’s time to reveal your adventurer instincts. Angelina Jolie’s Lara Croft may have discovered the lost treasure of Alexander the Great in Santorini, but it’s now your turn to discover the hiding grounds of the locals during the pirate raids. Pass through natural pathways with us by your side, and explore a local rock-carved church hidden from plain view that will surprise you.
In our next stop, you’ll get your feet wet at the Black Beach! On your way, discover archaic tombs cut in the mountain whose rich finds — statuary, votive gifts, and funerary urns — are on display in the Archaeological Museum in Fira.
Before the tour is completed, you’ll experience authentic Santorini through its wines and tastes! In an old-school traditional winery, you’ll participate in a four-glass wine tasting, including the famous locally-originated Vinsanto as well as other local wines made the traditional way, and pair them with delicious seasonal local mezedes (local tapas).
With so many suggestions and tips from us, you’ll likely have a myriad of things you’ll want to do next!
Transportation, one coffee, one local sweet, four glasses of wine (wine tasting), local seasonal tapas
Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In general, there are few dress restrictions in Europe and dress codes are similar to those you are used to at home. Please note though that in many churches modest dress is required; no shorts or skimpy tops are permitted.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- All our team members are fully vaccinated.