Join us on an unforgettable tasty journey through the scenic footpaths perched at the Caldera’s cliffs from Firostefani to Fira. Book online today!
Santorini Wine Trails Private Tour
- Discover authentic Santorini through its fascinating, centuries-old wine history.
- Get access to a 19th-century private canava (cave cellar) and catch a glimpse of locals’ life when they stored the grapes and produced their wine in these underground caves.
- Experience a unique wine session in the cellar of a local instrumentalist who combines ancient Greek music, Greek mythology and some mythical Greek wines produced since ancient times.
- Sip on high-quality local wines and admire stunning views over the Caldera.
- Private Group Price per person- min 2 people
Departure Point, Traveler pickup is offered. We will pick you up form your Hotel or Cruise Ship.
Discover Santorini’s Wine History
Explore Santorini through its fascinating wine history dating back centuries!
It’s wine o’ clock! In the afternoon, make a journey to the captivating wine history of Santorini on a tour full of flavors and bites. As it is believed, Santorini is the world’s oldest vineyard and a unique volcanic place where you can perfectly combine food, wine, and culture.
It’s no surprise that wine tours in Santorini have grown tremendously in popularity, but we don’t just take you from winery to winery. Get ready to experience a unique historic trail full of wine!
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- By visiting a local winery that follows traditional methods, you promote Santorini’s indigenous varieties of grapes and local ancient pruning techniques.
- By visiting an underground labyrinth that was the owner’s house cellar during his childhood, you will get a better understanding of local life and traditions in the past.
- You support local farmers and help preserve Satorini’s culinary traditions by sampling food locally sourced from Santorini and nearby islands.
Your private Santorini wine tour will start with a pick-up from your Santorini hotel or the cruise arrivals pier of the old port (Skala) if you are on a cruise.
After meeting us, you’ll head to your first stop of this exciting wine culture exploration, a private old canava. Canavas are the characteristic volcanic underground caves of the island used for grape storage and winemaking. You’re sure to be fascinated by the recent stories of locals who had to tame the island’s harsh weather conditions so as to produce their marvelous wines by using ancient techniques and methods that are still in use today.
Afterward, you’ll have the opportunity to combine the fascinating past of Santorini wine and its promising future by experiencing a unique ethereal session. Meet a famous award-winning local instrumentalist in his cellar and participate in a private show in which you’ll taste ancient Greek wines of mythical varieties as recorded by historians while the musician recites Greek mythology and plays live ancient Greek music using hand-made ancient greek instruments. You will also be invited to show your musical skills as you will have the opportunity to accompany the artist!
Your wine tour couldn’t be completed without sampling four more exquisite local wines accompanied by a platter of seasonal fresh nibbles of Santorini, such as local cheeses and meats, while you chill on the terrace of a winery with gorgeous sunset views.
By the end of this tour, you’ll immerse yourself in the deep soul of Santorini!
Before we part ways, don’t forget to ask us for more hints and tips on how to get the most of your trip to amazing Santorini.
- This is a private tour and can accommodate up to 6 people.
- The suggested starting time is 5 pm for stunning sunset views.
Transportation, museum entrance ticket, 10 glasses of wine, local seasonal nibbles such as local cheese, cherry tomatoes, and cold cuts
Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In general, there are few dress restrictions in Europe and dress codes are similar to those you are used to at home. Please note though that in many churches modest dress is required; no shorts or skimpy tops are permitted.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- All our team members are fully vaccinated.